Highlights from Sotheby's Dubai auction are unveiled
Highlights from the forthcoming Sotheby's Dubai sale in November have been unveiled. Under the title Boundless Dubai, the auction will include pieces such as Ali Banisadr's abstract painting Meanwhile (est. US$100,000-150-000) and Kader Attia's, Demoncracy (est. US$30,000 -40,000) - a piece made of white neon lettering reading the word Democracy with an N inserted at its centre. Other artists include Samia Halaby, Manouchehr Yektai, Mona Hatoum and Yto Barrada.
The exhibition also includes highlights from other Sotheby's sales including the Middle East sale of 20th century works that features pieces by Sohrab Sepeheri and Shakir Hassan Al Said among many others.
For the jewellery lovers, the Raj Pink, the world’s largest known Fancy Intense Pink diamond, which will go under the hammer at Sotheby’s sale of Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels in Geneva in November and is estimated between US$ 20 – 30 million. Fancy Intense is a colour density specific to coloured diamond and this piece weighs 37.30 carats. David Bennett, Worldwide Chairman of Sotheby’s International Jewellery Division said: "The discovery of any pink diamond is exceptional, but the Raj Pink’s remarkable size and intensity of colour places it in the rarefied company of the most important pink diamonds known.”
- The highlights are on show at Sotheby's Level 1, Gate Village Building 3, Dubai International Financial Centre from Monday 9 – Thursday 12 October, 2017. The exhibition’s opening times are:
- Monday, 9 October: 11:00am – 3:00pm
- Tuesday, 10 October: 11:00am – 1:00pm and 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Wednesday, 11 October: 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Thursday, 12 October: 10:00am – 6:00pm